Contrary to popular belief, our brain doesn’t shut off when we sleep; instead, our consciousness is still going. It means you continue to manifest through your rest, making things you want and don’t want come to life.
So, that brings the question of ‘how do we utilize sleep manifestation to make our goals/desires come to life?’ The answer: the pillow method!
Here’s a comprehensive guide to learning what the pillow method is and how you can leverage it to manifest success:
A Quick Glance at the Pillow Method?
The pillow method is a widespread and straightforward manifestation practice that helps you breathe life to your goals and desire. It’s an excellent exercise for beginner and expert manifestos alike.
How Does the Pillow Method Work?
Once you fall asleep, you go into a lighter state of consciousness where your subconscious mind and thoughts are fully active.
During this time, your brain transition from beta and alpha brainwaves to theta brainwaves, i.e., the time where you’re not entirely asleep nor fully awake. Thus, it’s comparatively easy for you to rewire your subconscious thoughts to align them with your wishes and goals.
It’s also effective since you fall asleep with the thought of something that brings you joy; thus, having a positive effect on your dream state.
How Do You Practice the Pillow Method?
Here are simple directions to practice the pillow method:
- Write an affirmation- a goal or desire- on a piece of paper
- Place the affirmation paper under your pillow, inside your pillowcase, or hold it near your heart for several days
- Ensure that the affirmation is that last thing playing in your mind before you fall asleep
- Surrender to the power of the universe and trust it to manifest your goals/wishes in real life
Step-by-Step Guide to Manifestation Success with the Pillow Method
Here’s a step-by-step guide to manifestation success leveraging the pillow method:
Visualize Your Goals
The pillow method is the ideal way of manifesting your goals and desires. Your wish may be a physical thing, a feeling, a vision, or something you want to happen.
To start, you need to get a clear idea of what you want to come true. Once you get clarity, the universe waits to help you in magical and miraculous ways to manifest your intention.
Ensure that you’re 100% clear on your goal; if you’re vague, the universe will also be ambiguous in helping your dreams come true.
Write Your Desires
Once you specify your goals or desire, it’s time to work on manifesting them. Write your desire or plan in the form of a positive statement on a piece of paper.
Be clear and positive and avoid writing what you don’t want. For instance, you may write:
‘Thank you, the universe, for the new car (type of car). It’s XYZ (defining quality), and I appreciate (your most desired feature).’
Get the Right Energetic Vibration
Getting into the ideal energetic vibration is an essential part of manifesting. The best way to achieve the right vibration frequency is through gratitude.
Be grateful for your not-yet manifested dreams to inform the universe that you’re aware that your desire exists and you’re ready to receive it. Take a couple of minutes to list the things you’re genuinely grateful for, such as:
- Thank you for the rain that washed away my pain
- Thank you to the old lady I saw who smiled at me and brightened my day
- Thank you for the green light when I was getting late for work
- Thank you for the house where I rest and get hot meals
Read and Visualize
Once you finish the above steps, spend five to ten minutes visualizing your goal. Hold your paper in your hand and read the affirmation statements as many times as you want.
Focus on increasing your vibrational energy by inducing a feel-good feeling by reading your goal/desire. Next, visualize your goal in your mind. Ask yourself:
- How does it appear?
- How do you feel?
- What or who do you see?
- What does/do it/they look like?
Visualizing may be challenging for some of you. If that’s the case, focus on relaxing and allowing your mind to wander.
Get Ready for Bed
After writing down your goal, it’s time to make your bed and prepare to sleep. Once you practice your manifestation exercise, you need to get straight to sleep.
It means no tip-toeing out of bed to brush your teeth, check your phone, or close the lights. Ensure you do everything before slipping under your sheets.
You may choose to hold the paper with your goal next to your heart, leave it under your pillow, or put it inside your pillowcase.
Go To Sleep
After preparing your bed and visualizing, relax your energy so that you can go into a deep slumber. Allow yourself to go to dreamland and allow the manifestation process to start.
Tips and Tricks to Remember when Writing Affirmations for the Pillow Method
Here we’ve listed the top three tips to remember when writing successful affirmations for the pillow method:
- Use present tense in your affirmation sentences rather than future tense, such as ‘I am’ instead of ‘I will be….’
- Write something that sounds believable and good to hear. Don’t write ‘I can buy a Tesla’ if your heart tells you it’s not possible now. Take baby steps to transform your subconscious beliefs and offer yourself time to reach your 7-figure dreams
- If you’re a beginner kickstarting your manifestation journey, avoid being rigid about the timeframe. A well-defined timeframe may cause you to feel stressed, anxious, and preoccupied. Instead, allow the manifestation to roll out according to its timeframe
The Bottom Line: Ensure Successful Manifestation with the Pillow Method
All you need for the pillow method is paper, a pencil, and a bucket full of hope. The magic of this practice comes from within.
More than anything, you must embrace your inner magic and believe that you deserve your wishes/goals to come true.